NAPPDRR President on Community Engagement Program
Network Advancement Programme for Poverty and Disaster Risk reduction is a fully registered non-governmental, non-profit organization registered with Corporate Affairs Commission with the registration Number RC. 82681. Our office is located in Eket, Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria. Our focus areas are;
- Human advocacy
- Peace building
- Election observation and monitoring
- Conflict Resolution
- Poverty reduction as well as
- Disaster reduction
Our key activities are;
- Capacity building for youth and women on agribusiness enterprise such as aquaculture, poultry, snailery, and vegetable farming.
- Conducting of Social Audits on abandoned public projects within our operational base to get citizens fully informed about the status of government commitments on the abandoned projects.
- Identify, access, and reduce the risk of disaster by determining how it will affect the people relying on monitoring technology to understand the physical process emanating before hazards and disseminate early warnings to residents about the pending disaster ahead.
In addition to some key staff specialized on implementing our key activities, we also rely on volunteers who are also looking for an opportunity to contribute to the betterment of their immediate society in partnership with our organizations.Where it is very necessary, we resorted to paid experts and facilitators to handle a more technical activities for us.
We are supported with donations from some corporate organizations such as mega hotels, oil servicing companies, construction firms, banks, as well as many well-to-do individuals who have been informed about our activities to deliver more to the less privileged.
Our major partners are;
- Esit Eket Local Government Council
- Eket Local Government Council
- Unwana Foundation
- Pope Oil and Service Limited
- Women and Youth Development Initiatives (WOYODEV)
NAPPDRR have registered with the below listed international networks;
- West African Network for Peace Building (WANEP)
- Global Network of Civil Society Organizations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR)
- Transition Monitoring Group (TMG) Nigeria
SIR BASSEY DAN ABIA (SNR.),
Former Managing Director,
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
ELDER BENJAMIN UDOBIA
MD of Eden Hotels, Marina Rd,
Eket, Akwa ibom state.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
NATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD
- Otuekong Patrick Ifon, Member, House of Representative, Eket Federal Constituency, National Assembly, Abuja – (Chairman)
- Hon Iniobong Robson, Executive Chairman, Esit Eket LGA, Akwa Ibom State – (Member)
- Rt Hon (Dr) Usoro Akpanusoh, Member, Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Esit Eket/Ibeno State Constituency – (Member)
- Hon Frank Archibong, Executive Chairman, Eket LGA, Akwa Ibom State – (Member)
- Obongawan Nse Samuel Adiakpan, Coordinator, Royal Women of Onna, Onna LGA, Akwa Ibom State – (Member)
- Edu Aniekan Edoho – Account (Book Keeping)
- Hannah Monday Jonathan – Receptionist
- Samuel Namudo – ICT Officer
- Akwaowo Samuel Adiakpan – Public Relations Officer
WORKSHOPS AND TRAINING
1. Attended the Habitat Regional Meeting – African Priorities for the new Urban Agenda, at International Conference Center, Abuja on February, 2016
2. Attended Frontline National Advocacy Workshop organized by Global Network of Civil Society Organizations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR) in partnership with CDRCR held on 28th – 30th November, 2016.
3. Participate in the Global platform of GNDR in London, UK, February, 2010.
4. Participate in African Regional workshop on DRR in Dakar, Senegal, 2015
5. Participate in VFL, 2015 in Riverine communities of Akwa ibom state, USAID funded program of GNDR
6. VFL, 2019 project in Abekpi and Ntak Inyang risks areas of Esit Eket, GNDR project in Nigeria under WOYODEV as NCO funded by the European Union.(On going)